Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Clueless in Pittsburgh


Our view during the second game
 This past weekend we packed the family in the car for a road trip. Yay! I love road trips and this was a particularly fun one, for the most part, as we were off to Pittsburgh to see some baseball at what is the consensus best park in the Majors. What I didn't clue into as I was trying to book a hotel room for our stay was that this was also Pittsburgh's Marathon Weekend!!! No wonder everything near downtown was either sold out or way out of our price range.

Anyway, we drove up on Saturday, got lost as a result of yours truly screwing up the google directions, but made it to the game on time and it was amazing! The Pirates won 3-2 over the Reds and then we were treated to the best fireworks display ever. I can't believe how good it was, and it was only a "fireworks night" thing. They do this on a regular basis?! If you are a baseball fan and love a great fan experience you absolutely have to get to PNC Park. The place is so great, the views of the City had me mesmerized, and the whole experience was positive from beginning to end. We loved it so much we bought tickets to the Sunday afternoon game as well, though the Reds prevailed 5-0 and the Pirates did not put up much of a fight in that one.

The Boys are now Pirates Fans
Anyway, it was a great trip. The only thing missing was running to check out the City. The reason for that is that the streets in Pittsburgh as so freaking confusing to drive around that I was definitely afraid of getting lost. It's also very hilly, but that was more of a positive for me than a deterrent. Unfortunately, all I got to do was run for 30 minutes on the treadmill at the hotel on Monday morning before we left. At least I did that...


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

Awesome that you got to check out Pittsburgh's park! My cousin has been to every baseball park in the US, and he said Pittsburgh is his favorite park out of all of them. Hopefully I'll be able to make it there sometime.

May 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home